WHAT YOU GET WITH THIS PRINTABLE PACK:
Print the pages off and use them over and over again.
- 17 pages of Cut and Paste Puzzles
- 10 pages of Cutting Strips
- 10 pages of a Scissor Skills Puppet Craft Template
- Proper Scissor Skills Positioning Chart
- Scissor Skills Rubric for determining baseline and monitoring progress
- Fun cutting activities for every skill level
CREATED BY PEDIATRIC OTS AND PTS
As pediatric therapists, we have seen kids struggle with scissor skills without making significant progress. We have heard teachers complain that kids cut way too quickly, snipping their cut and paste worksheets to smithereens. We’ve talked with parents who are frustrated because their kids can’t seem to keep their scissors on the line to cut accurately.
There are things we can do to help unlock a child’s potential with their ability to cut with scissors: addressing underlying skill areas, adapting cutting activities to meet their needs, and keeping their interest with fun and interesting cutting activities! These activities are guided by development and a drive to foster functional skills in daily tasks.